What is a cloud PBX?
Traditionally PBX (Private Branch Exchange) systems would typically require you to sign a 3 to 5 year contract with a business telephone service provider. They would install a PBX system at your business premises. All the PBX maintenance and changes would have to be done by an expert technician who would charge you to visit your premises to make changes, repair or maintain the system. If you had multiple branches you would require a PBX system to be installed and maintained at each branch. If you would like to a reporting and management system to track call costs, they would install a second system (called a TMS) at each of your business premises, at extra cost, that would also require onsite maintenance and repairs from time to time.
A Cloud PBX allows businesses to have a sophisticated telephone system with built in management, cost tracking and reporting at significantly reduced costs and without the long term commitments. A single Cloud PBX can service an entire business across a single or multiple branches. The service can be upgraded to accommodate more or less users easily. The entire telephone system is operated and maintained by your service provider in a secure, state of the art data centre which removes the need for future call outs for changes, upgrades, repairs or maintenance.
A Cloud PBX lets employees work from an office, their home or a coffee shop while still being connected to the same Cloud PBX telephone system. Just like a corporate business telephone system, you can transfer callers, put them on hold with music, set up conference calls or have the phone answered by a digital receptionist who can direct callers to appropriate departments. The whole system is easily managed from an online portal (much like Internet Banking) where PBX changes can be made and cost tracking and management reports viewed. The best thing is that the service providers support centre is available to assist you every step of the way. A Cloud PBX puts the power in the hands of business owners.
The Significant Advantages of a Cloud PBX
There are a number of key advantages to using a Cloud PBX versus traditional telephone onsite PBX telephone system.
- Initial Cost Savings- You do not need to make a large upfront investment by purchasing an office telephone system and there is no need to maintain it. With a Cloud PBX solution the office telephone system is operated and maintained by your provider.
- Ongoing Cost Savings- Typically, a Cloud PBX implementation is significantly more cost-effective over the long run than a traditional PBX. These ongoing savings are in addition to the initial savings on capital outlay.
- Geographical Flexibility- Employees can work from anywhere when your office phone system is in the Cloud. You can have employees working from home, other offices or even a coffee shop with Wi-Fi..
- Credibility- For small businesses a virtual system can give them instant credibility by presenting their customers with a professional sounding telephone solution. Traditional telephone systems are generally cost-prohibitive for smaller organizations.
- Scalability- Traditional phone systems are limited by how many users they can handle as well as how many lines you have purchased from your local telephone provider. Virtual systems can expand and grow with your business as your requirements change,
- Quick Setup – A Cloud PBX solution can have you up and running very quickly compared to a traditional telephone system.
- Ease of Use – End-user management of a Cloud PBX is far more user-friendly than is the case with traditional solutions. Intuitive web interfaces mean that anyone can manage, monitor and make changes to the service at any time, without needing any specialized skills or experience.
- Future Proof – The latest features and functionality are updated instantly and at no extra cost. Your business is always using the latest cutting edge solution.