ViBE Technology - enabling VoIP on best effort broadband networks
Communications is shaping up to be the big winner in an IP-over-everything world. In 2010 the US cable companies were providing VoIP telephone services to more than 20 million subscribers. Meanwhile, local analysts, BMI-T, have forecast South African growth in Internet and data services of just 10 percent through 2014, while VoIP is expected to enjoy a 93 percent (CAGR) revenue growth, reaching R895 million by 2014.
No matter how much our networking vendors promise that technologies like MPLS can handle voice and data, in practicality, these technologies don’t work well on slower networks. Despite the massive improvement, South Africa is still behind in terms of network speed and, while there may be spare capacity at the core, speeds at the edge of our networks are still much slower than the global average. Slower speeds at the edge of the network means that links are often overloaded, resulting in dropped packets as they hit the narrower pipes and this results in the two VoIP-quality killers – jitter and packet loss.
ViBE technology dramatically improves the edge connections of our networks
- Enables delivery +-30 calls on a single ADSL connection with a 640k upstream bandwidth, making it a replacement offering for E1 / T1 circuits.
- No ViBE on a 640kb uplink you’ll get about 9 concurrent calls
- With ViBE on the same link you will get up to 30+ concurrent calls
- Where the link speed fluctuates ViBE ensures no degradation of quality by limiting the number of concurrent calls
- RAIN mode ViBE will failover to alternate internet links seamlessly preserving existing calls
- The ViBE bonding functionality will enable you to bond links for increased call concurrency
ViBE addresses key problems associated with VoIP deployment in ways never thought of before:
- ViBE is an excellent replacement for 30 channel PRIs at dramatically reduced costs.
- ViBE is excellent for small businesses wanting to use 1x ADSL line for voice and data
- ViBE SIP trunks avaiable, take advantage VoIP savings without sacrificing reliability.
- Improves reliability and overall user experience.
- Dynamic compression for voice traffic.
- Business quality voice traffic on IP.
- Increased security for both voice and data traffic.
- Seamless failover and bonding with multiple WAN Links.
- Increases call density
- Supports multiple codec’s
- Utilises secondary bandwidth for back up (i.e. ISDN2)
- ViBE is a scalable solution for all ATM bandwidth
- ViBE operates over WiFI and Satellite links
- ViBE typically reduces jitter to sub 1ms
What does ViBE cost?
ViBE Setup and License Fees
ViBE server setup and configuration = R 250 ex vat once off
ViBE license fees per simultanoues channel = R 17.50 ex vat per month
ViBE Hardware Options (excludes delivery)
ViBE enabled MikroTik Router RB750 - 30 simultaneous calls - R750.00 excl VAT each
VoIPEX P2PB-203 - 200 simultaneous calls R4,750.00 excl VAT each
Ready to put Euphoria and ViBE Cloud PBX to work — quickly, and with no hassles? Request a quote
Learn more about our PBX features and pricing in either our Small Business Express Version or our Enterprise Version.